Wednesday, November 7, 2007

All bent out of shape!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Yesterday Harrison's teacher was here and he was just impossible. He told her he wanted to go back to sleep. He just had one of those days where he did not want to learn. He was sooo grumpy! She left at 11:30 and my friend Audrey's Christian mom group was meeting from 10am-12, so we rushed over there for a hot cocoa playdate. We brought WalMart cookies. Glamorous, I know. I really had planned on making bite-sized apple pockets but the best plans go awry. I was sooo shy meeting all these moms for the first time. I felt like the new kid. Everyone was nice. Harrison's behavior was wonderful--nothing like his earlier meltdown. Harrison enjoyed playing with the other kids--he even told me that last night.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Harrison woke up at 3am this morning! Today we had a playtime scheduled at 10am and we could not go. Kitson had an appointment to get booster shots and declawed.
:( The whole drive there it sounded like he was meowing, " Mama!". Crazy, I know. Harrison was so sad when we said goodbye to him! He kept yelling, "Kitson is lost! Let's go back to the doctor and get our cat!!!".
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It really broke my heart. I called Ben crying because we did not know they were going to keep him overnight until they told me this morning.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Harrison got his flu shot, too. (Bad day all around). My mom went with us. I was so happy she did. We waited forever in the waiting room as they helped one lady who came in after me and had her go ahead.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
So finally we get back there. The nurse comes in and she looks a little out of it (not trying to be mean here). I said a quick prayer to Jesus while she told me she wanted me to hold him down differently than they normally have us do it. She acted like it was her first time giving a shot!
My mom went to hold his feet and she told her it was ok. Um, NOT! She took FOREVAH to get the vaccine out of the syringe after poking him in the leg. So halfway thru my son gets an arm loose, grabs the syringe, pulls it out of his leg, bending the needle and scratching his leg and hand in the process!!!! She finally got it from him. Now he is freaked OUT! Blood is all over his leg and hand. I was in shock because I thought the needle had broken off in his leg or something. Nurse runs out. Comes back with another shot and gives it in the other leg. This had to be the WORST SHOT EXPERIENCE EVER! When I gave the receptionist our ticket to file with insurance, she had a bowl of candy suckers. My mom grabbed three LOL because she said he earned it!!!
So my poor, sweet baby, already distraught over his cat, also got stabbed to near death by his flu shot (I know I am being a little dramatic).
He got a Mighty Kids meal out if it and a new Fisher Price toy. Mother's guilt.
Oh, and let me share this pic with you. A homeless person had been going through our garbage, got scared off I guess, and left the cart along with our trash can tipped over. We have never had an experience like this, and don't live in an area where homeless people abound. If I had seen him I would have given him food and drink. He never did come back for the cart. Ben returned it to the store. Bless his soul!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket