Monday, October 1, 2007

Weekend buzz

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We had such an awesomely busy weekend that I have not had much time to post. Let's start where I left off...
Thursday late afternoon we had a park playdate with some friends (they live in our neighborhood).
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
H and I had not had lunch yet. Okay, this is funny. I was invited to my friend Audrey's playgroup's picnic in the park last Spring--in April I think. H and I had packed our picnic basket with the handles, gingham red napkins, and real food! It rained out and H and I ended up at Chuck E Cheese by ourselves (everyone else went to an inflatable place but H refused)! Okay, fast forward. So look at how unorganized I have become lately...look at our picnic meal for this playdate! LOL
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Harrison enjoyed squishing the acorns with his feet.
We did not stay long because it was superhot and we got attacked by jumping spiders.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We came home and watched Thomas!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Friday morning I woke up feeling cruddy. I had an early dr. appointment. I had gone on Monday and had to return Friday for tests. I go later today for a blood pressure check. Grrr. So after the doctor appt, we went to Day Out with Thomas! I talked it up to H all week. He was so excited. We went last year but I don't think he remembers much from the train ride. Ben took the day off since we had so much going on that day. It was crazy crowded. We took pics. We got in line to see Sir Topham Hatt and the whole time this lady kept telling the child behind us, "He's nice!" The child in front of us I swear looks like Chris Parnell from SNL's mini-me. He runs up and poses like a baby model with STH. Okay, H's turn. H looks at him. Ben puts H next him and he FREAKS out! He is like, "Heeeellllppp!" and I snap a pic anyhoo. Then I comfort him. We go to another line to take our pic with Thomas. This time Ben will be the photographer while I pose with H. Of course, Chris P's mini-me is back in front of us! And this kid gets up there and does his Zoolander imitation. LOL. H just looks scared in 99% of the pics. He did really enjoy watching the model trains go by and playing with the toy trains. He sort of liked watching the videos. And of course, he LOVED Thomas. He kept carrying around the ticket and talking about it.
I loved that the engineer was dressed up!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
On the other side is the "real engine"...Thomas is just sort of a caboose.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Love this!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The evil? Sir Topham Hatt. LOL
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The zoo is next to the Thomas event at the museum. So of course, we make use of Ben's day off and our zoo pass.
You know I am obsessed with the bears right now so I was happy to catch a pic of one drinking and lounging in the water. Love those bears!!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Monkey!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Monkey statue. :)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I like this pic.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Elk. Just hanging out!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I partcipated in the Breast Cancer Awareness online mini- crop at Treasures to Scrap. I did not get as many challenges completed as I had hoped (only2) but it was still fun! I just did not have very much time to be on the computer this weekend. It was for a great cause though. I know scrapncircle is going to have one on October 8th-14th for BCA,too. I did get 4 of the 12x12 layouts done and 1 card over the weekend. Finally finished that tractor LO that has been waiting patiently on my desk so long! I am going to make a slide of my weekend stuff I finished but here is the card:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The white at the top is part of the card--it scanned kind of wonky!
Yesterday we fed ducks at the local park/pond/library. We saw our other neighbors there! Small world! Then H and I painted pumpkins while Ben fixed dinner. They came out pretty durn cute! Harrison did just a little on the top. Maybe he will want to go back and add more. He requested that one look like Brobee from Yo Gabba Gabba! And we did butterfly/heart on the backs.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I have the CUTEST pic of Kipper (our dog) hugging one of these pumpkins last night. (see below) .
Here is our messy paint tray! Being a former teacher and married to an artist/art teacher, of course, a muffin pan becomes a paint holder and a never used toothbrush becomes a paintbrush!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Harrison woke up soooo early today (early for him--6am).We played with playdoh and bubbles today. We also read books for like what seemed an hour!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We like making these snowmen with the playdoh. We had so many small bits of playdoh that we mixed them all together into something patchworky. It was a little free-ing to say, "Hey,let's just mix the colors up!" and I liked how it looked,too.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This next weekend we have a gymnastics birthday party to go to! FUN! :)