Sunday, October 14, 2007

My 30th birthday

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
is officially Monday but I celebrated with my family tonight and will do the same with Ben's tomorrow! I have received some great happy birthday mail (and checks!) so thank you to my friends and family members!!! I love you all!
Ben ordered me a cake from Johnny's Bakery (and we got some yummy Frankenstein cookies!!). It was the most delicious strawberry cake ever! Harrison dipped his finger in it! :)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I've shown you my decor, so here is the Halloween decor at my mom's house.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My brother added to the decor by writing "Pet Shark don't put fingers in" and putting it on his fish's tank!! 4th graders! ha!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
In case you are wondering,yes we are Christian and celebrate Halloween. I will tell you why. We celebrate the Halloween that is about fun,dressing a child in costume and all about the candy. I see nothing evil or wrong with that.We only celebrate the fun aspect of it..the commercialized part! A holiday is not going to sway me from my faith, thoughts and beliefs. I respect everyone's views on Halloween, and choice for celebrating it or not.
Here some stuff I pulled from a recent 2Peas thread--I like the Candy-ween idea!!:
~"Around our house, we don't celebrate Halloween, we celebrate "Candy-ween". It's just one day for the kids around here to dress up and have fun and be goofy. We pretty much just use it as an excuse to eat the candy we don't usually eat and watch some ghosty stuff on tv. And I love scary movies, so I like that they come on tv during that time. My sister is a devout Christian who says Halloween creeps her out and she doesn't like it, but she doesn't have much problem eating the candy corn and the chocolate we have around for that night lol. "(nerovh)
~"Halloween at its best is a NEIGHBORLY thing, when children are in a family, somehow you get to know everyone in the neighborhood and I think of Halloween as a celebration of childhood. I'll never forget my son's face the first time he went trick or treating, his eyes were so big and his mouth was open in shock. People were giving him CANDY, and that's on top of getting to walk around dressed up in costume! " (LoriE)
Rest of thread is here~http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/mb.asp?cmd=display&thread_id=2359577&pg=1
Like I said, to each their own!