Monday, September 10, 2007

Nope, not psychic

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Okay when I wrote the title of the Friday post I had no idea that I would put Britney's video above it!
Here are the pics I promised (yep, a few days late but a gal has to have a life...hmmm...what life? I have none).
H and I went to the local children's museum Thursday. We were scared and peed ourselves when we saw this giant jack-in-the-box (okay, I was the only one scared).
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Went shopping Thursday also. Some of it is scrapbook related, some not. Got some neon tshirts (I am really into neon stuff lately), cute Me and My Big Ideas glitter pumpkin stickers, a kit to make our pumpkin into a pirate with foam, a princess foam kit, a 4 sided summer stamp, bold acrylic paint, fabric paints, markers/pens, neon bracelets (remember those jelly ones that were big in the late 80s?love them!!), clay, giant felt letters, foam skeleton to decorate (saw it on a blog...I think it was Elsie's), and fun nail polish! Whew.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Close-up of those way adorable pumpkin stickers!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Blurry, I know. I got some nail polish for Halloween. Bright hot pink, black and pumpkin glitter. I am going to give myself a French manicure with the hot pink as the base, black as the stripe on top and maybe the glitter to finish it off. I love doing holiday nails!!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I {heart} these bracelets!
I got most everything at Hobby Lobby and Michaels Craft Stores. The bracelets were from a local shop and the nail polish was from Sally Beauty Supply and Walgreens.
Here is a tease of some stuff I am going to sell soon (link to shop coming this week). This is just a tease so all you'll see are bits and pieces (not the final product).
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Friday H and I went to the zoo!
It was so dead but lucky for us because the animals felt really friendly and I got some great shots!!
Here the elephant was playing with water. We saw him eat bamboo, drink and play with water, play with a ball and finally, he went swimming!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This deer was like, "Man it is so hot I am lounging in a mud puddle!!!"
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The rhino was eating grass. I got really close to him.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I was soooo surprised that this pic came out. The three turtles were lined up against the glass and I thought for sure there would be a wonky reflection in the pic...but it came out good. Turtles rule!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Okay, I fell in love with these grizzly bears! Love! They were swimming. I kept clicking my camera away. I love how one smiled when he got under the waterfall. Then they went in and HUGGED each other (wouldn't you know it...my batteries on the digi started to go out!!!?!?!?). I was glad I got this pic--even if I am deathly afraid of heights and had to lean over the railing a little. Yikes! They hammed it up because they kept craning their necks to see me and then they would do something cute. They probably thought I looked like lunch!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The eagle really looked like he was smiling (I know they don't...) at us. He kept opening his beak and he looked so regal on the branch. He was so beautiful!!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The rest of the weekend I was busy making stuff for my online shop thang. Saturday I went to a crop and I had so much fun! I had met one of the ladies through a local group and she invited me. It was nice to have adult conversation (most days my son and I talk in our own language...son-ese and mamma-ese). And I did not have to worry about any interruptions (the phone,etc). But I was 30 minutes late! First, I could not find my black shirt. Then my son grabbed my leg and held on, making me drag him as I limped to the front door. Ben holds him. Off I go. Without my cell phone. Then I head east when the location was west. Oh, yes, I had mapquested. But dh "knew a shortcut". So I get there and the ladies are really nice. I had fun. I did not talk much but I am super shy in person. I hope to their next crop. Now I know how to get there!
Today we watched The Weatherman (with Nicolas Cage). We had never seen it and was about 5-10 mins. into it when my son enters the room from his nap just as an adult situation pops up screen! I really think kids have an ESP when it comes to those kind of things. Same for violence. You can be changing the tv innocently and BAM! they turn around as a commercial pops up and someone is getting hurt or something.
Tomorrow (well, it already is tomorrow) we have more workers coming to work on our kitchen (read very previous post for full story). This week it will pretty much be demolished. And we will be eating off paper plates! :( But I really cannot wait to have a new kitchen, even if two slow leaks caused all the drama. Sometimes God works in mysterious ways, right?