Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Happiness is a heel click away...

I'm back sweeties! First of all,
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We had a great holiday weekend.
Saturday I went out to eat with my mom and brother at Chili's. Then we hit Toys R Us to pick up some stuff for Christmas. I got Harrison some of the cutest outfits there. They were 4t and I was a little shocked when I washed them and saw there is not much room for growth (he is 2)...he is just so freaking tall, not chubby at all, just tall. But kid's clothing sizes really vary. I had a blast shopping without dealing with a tantrum or hearing my sweetie say, "I can make that at home..." (no,he can't! LOL)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Sunday we slept in on accident but I guess that is what the weekend is for. Then we grilled hamburgers at my parent's house and watched Yo Gabba Gabba! My mom and I went shopping at Michaels. We spent like hours in that store. Really. Can you tell we don't get out much on our own? LOL She bought lots of cute stuff like white pumpkins and glitter stickers. I bought a pirate face for Harrison to put on his Halloween pumpkin and lots of scrapbook goodies.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Then Ben's mom called and wanted us to eat hamburgers with them today (Monday) but we said no thanks. We still got together with them for cake and ice cream to celebrate my niece and sister-in-law's birthday. We got Kellee a Bratz video (I don't like Bratz but she adores them), Dora backpack with 2 games, and Sesame Street letter bingo. We got Wendy some really pretty blue square candleholders with blue candles inside. Harrison made them a really cute card. I loved how he sang HB to them and offered to help open presents. He is growing up so fast...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Ben and I watched a French musical on cable today--The Umbrellas of Cherbourg. Great movie.And I gave myself a haircut today...I just really wanted bangs and had a moment of spontaneity and did it myself. Ben said I was crazy, but he loved the end result. It looks just like this (no, this is not me, just an example of the hairstyle--is that a mannequin?).Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com
I watched The Hills tonight. I did get 3 12x12 scrapbook pages done. Oh...when I was in Michaels by the Martha Stewart stuff this crochety couple walked by. The man was looking at stuff and the wife said, "Ugh! That's Martha Stewart's junk." Then he walks by scrapbooking and she goes, "That's scrapbooking--I HATE THAT CRAP!" My knees seriously went weak (okay, not really). It just reminded me that not everyone appreciates scrapbooking and that's fun. I don't appreciate lots of things like deer hunting, stamp collecting, picking my nose...to each their own.
Ben bought me Elsie's 52 Scrapbooking Challenges book! Wheee! I have been wanting it for-evah. I am so happy he bought it for me. He is such an enabler! But it is part of my birthday present--my birthday is next month.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So our weekend: it was fun! I wish we could have made a day trip somewhere. I wish we had rested more (Ben did a ton of yard work and I was always on the go), but it was still fun. :)