Tuesday, July 24, 2007

This is the perfect place to VENT...



Well, today was a little on the cruddy side. I went to bed early (rare for me) because we planned a playdate with a new friend. I met her through an online mom group and had yet to meet her in person. We had just been emailing. I was excited because she had a 1 and 3 year old son (I think). So we go way south to meet for this playdate at an inflatable place. It was at 10am. We get there at 9:58 and Harrison was super excited to see the inflatables. I kept checking my celly since she had the #. I took some good pics and then I saw one other mom there so I approached and asked if she was that person. She said no and I felt like a weirdo because I explained I was meeting someone I had never met. A daycare run by two guys comes in with a bajillion kids. Some of them look like 5th graders. So I try to keep an eye on Harrison. Then he disappears! I was like looking everywhere for him and found him at the very top of an inflatable...no idea how he got there! And he is yelling HELP. So some girl comes up behind him and slides down with him. I thank her. Then we move to another inflatable and kids are just too pushy--"Hey kid, move outta my way!!" shoves follow. Funny, how they stop when I show up. So Harrison starts climbing up one inflatable and I am really proud of him but then he slides down and three girls slide after him and kinda start pulling on him. Next I hear cries and he is holding his nose and hand funky. Oh, great! So he was pretty banged up...it looked like he also had a bruise near his head. And I had enough! He said, "Mom let's go home. I want to leave." And I am like, " I agree."Its now 10:35. No mysterious email lady. He starts leading me out the door! When we make our way to the car, about 5 people come in and one lady looks like she kinda fits the description of the email lady but at that point I have a who cares attitude. So we head home. He asks for ice cream and crazy me feels guilty and gives him some (and later a new Thomas train). Come home. Email mysterious lady. I was really nice about the whole thing...just said we never saw you basically.Hear nothing from her. Wonder if this is the first time she has done this to someone? And I wonder at this point if she is even a mom? Note to readers: DO NOT TRUST PEOPLE OVER THE INTERNET! and also don't be naive and trusting like me. It took me $7, out major car gasoline, wasted time, and banged up toddler to realize this. So this is it. I am through with internet people (well, the kind you make plans to meet up with IRL). Just had to vent!