Saturday, July 28, 2007

Do It Yourself: Scrabble Tiles!

I just did this mini-tutorial for the Cropalatte.net blog and wanted to add it here, too to share. This is really easy to do.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Do It Yourself: Scrabble Tiles!
I love to find creative new ways to do lettering for my titles. Here is an easy (I promise!) way to make your own Scrabble letter tiles.
1. Open Microsoft Word.
2. Pick ARIAL font and size 20 for your letter. Type the capital letter and then change the font size to 8 for the numberal value.
Any letter not listed here is 1 point.
B=3
C=3
D=2
F=4
G=2
H=4
J=8
K=5
M=3
P=3
Q=10
V=4
W=4
X=8
Y=4
Z=10
3. Leave enough space around each "tile" for you to cut the square shape out.
4. Print on light tan cardstock.
5. Use a small square punch or Xacto knife to cut the tiles into small squares.
6. Chalk the edges for dimension.
7. Adhere to your page! I like to use foam dots so the title stands out.
8. Pat yourself on the back!
Here are my letters!
I would love to see your Scrabble letter tiles! :) tina
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket