Sunday, June 3, 2007

Howdy y'all!

(Clickable thumb)Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

This is my HOWDY! card I made using a pic from that summer reading program (read yesterday's post). I really like the history behind the two boys in it--Bud and Temple Abernathy rode across the U.S. circa 1910 from Oklahoma on horseback ALONE at ages 9 and 5, believe it or not. Here is a poem about them:

http://www.thelongridersguild.com/abernathy-poem.htm

You can read about their book (Bud & Me) here:

http://www.amazon.com/Bud-Me-True-Adventures-Abernathy/dp/0966216601

I made this card for Ben. Just for fun. I used paisley paper from The Paper Studio because it reminded me of a bandana print. I tore it open because the effect reminds me of a Wanted poster. Then I made a Daisy D's paper frame for the pic. There is a woven rope print behind it from The Paper Studio. I added a silver metal heart-shaped furniture tack, gold rope ribbon and raw letters, and inked edges. FUN!

Here are some scans of the prints from the reading packet~




Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I know they are a little crooked, but I did them in a rush and cropped in Photoshop. LOL
You can actually get fun clipart that ties into this western/Oklahoma stuff here:
http://www.odl.state.ok.us/summer/clipart.htm