Tuesday, May 15, 2007

get your fix


http://dailypuppy.com/ Speaking of cute...
I need to come up with something cute for Harrison's teacher, Marilyn to have as a "getting out of school" gift! I am thinking of altering a jar and writing "Thanks for Making Me A Smartie!" on the lid and filling it with smarties for her desk (saw in a magazine) but I don't know! I have to share what Harrison did Friday night. I had some flashcards on the bed. He had never seen them, they had no pictures on them, etc. I was putting up clothes. He kept saying "EYE!" And I just said, "Uh-hum" (not really listening) because I thought it had the letter I in one of the cards (he has been identifying letters for a while). Then when I went to pick up the cards these are what they read:
hand
mouth
thumb
nose
eye
NO letter I!!! So I grabbed my hubby, Ben and had him hold up the cards. The kid read EYE,MOUTH, NOSE and THUMB!!! OMG. AGAIN-he had never seen these cards before. They were leftover from my teaching days. What do I do? I am a little lost. If I did not have Ben and my family and sometimes his teacher witness stuff then people would probably think I am full of it. Its a bit of a dilemma, because I don't think we are better or smarter than anyone. I don't drill his head with this stuff. He just knows how to count to 7, his alphabet (in and out of order), letter sounds, shapes, colors and now knows how to read. He isn't 2 1/2 yet!!! I could really use advice if someone has it.