Monday, March 12, 2007

HYPER MOM

Today we went to Chuck E Cheese AND the zoo! And our son woke up at 7:30am and did not go to bed until 10pm! I don't want him to stop napping!!!!
Chuck E was crowded and we witnessed some ingenious 4 year olds cheating LOL.
The zoo was a blast! They opened the new OK Trails exhibit
http://www.okczoo.com/even_deta.htm?id=2456865. We were so up close to the deer and Mexican wolves. There were grizzly bears, roadrunners, a giant cougar, baby wolves, foxes, skunks, and the coolest aquarium with OK catfish and bass. We loved watching the otter exhibit. The nocturnal house scared the be jeepers outta me! It was completely dark with just an odd blacklight here and there. They had BATS eating fruit, bobtail ring cats, owls, etc. We loved seeing the bald eagle, too. And elk!!! I have never seen elk before. They made these magnificant waterfalls. SO FUN. Stupidly, we forgot our camera, but we plan on going back this week to get some pics. I loved how they sprinkled old, rusty rustic farm equipment everywhere, but all the water/rivers made me very nervous with a toddler!
Ben and I are on day 2 of the Atkins diet. Its hard!!!! I miss sweets. Wish us luck!