Monday, February 26, 2007

Drama Queen


I slept the majority of the afternoon away. We played outside a little. We ran some errands. Blah. I wanted to go buy some new black capris for summer. I don't care if they are in or out...they are comfortable and after having leg surgery you don't want to see me in shorts!
I saw some of the Oscars but got bored and started watching HGTVs Dream House (even though I am MAD that they took away my Scrapbooking and Crafts shows!). Here is a run down of the Oscar winners in case you have been living under a rock!~
Best Picture: "The Departed"
Best Director: Martin Scorsese, "The Departed"
Best Actor: Forest Whitaker, "Last King of Scotland"
Best Actress: Helen Mirren, "The Queen"
Best Film Editing: Thelma Schoonmaker, "The Departed"
Best Song: "I Need to Wake Up," "An Inconvenient Truth"
Best Original Screenplay: "Little Miss Sunshine"
Best Original Score: "Babel"
Best Documentary: "An Inconvenient Truth"
Best Documentary Short: "The Blood of Yingzhou District"
Best Supporting Actress: Jennifer Hudson, "Dreamgirls"
Best Foreign-Language Film: "The Lives of Others"
Best Visuals Effects: "Pirates of the Caribbean 2"
Best Cinematography: "Pan's Labyrinth"
Best Costume Design: "Marie Antoinette"
Best Adapted Screenplay: "The Departed"
Best Animated Feature: "Happy Feet"
Best Supporting Actor: Alan Arkin, "Little Miss Sunshine"
Best Sound Mixing: "Dreamgirls"
Best Sound Editing: "Letters from Iwo Jima"
Best Live Action Short: "West Bank Story"
Best Animated Short: "The Danish Poet"
Best Makeup: "Pan's Labyrinth"
Best Art Direction: "Pan's Labyrinth"
(list from PerezHilton)
I have seen Little Miss Sunshine (it was okay to me...I kept waiting for something big to happen), Marie Antoinette (rented it last week...again kept waiting for something big to happen and also could not believe how short Jason is), and An Inconvenient Truth (honestly, fell asleep halfway through). I am glad Alan Arkin won for LMS and I know it is also Martin Scorsese's first! Good for them! I am also happy for JHud although I have heard recently some of the newly showbiz attention may have made her a bit of a diva now. Yay for Forest! Hmm...Best Actress...not surprised anybody British always seems to win. Gywenth Paltrow scared me when she was up on the podium...she just seems to give the audience this withering look and I hate all the anti-American and anti-British talk she always does...what a snob she needs to go live on Mars.
I got 3 scrapbook pages done. I have so much to do!!! I am also going to make Harrison a Blue's Clues mailbox and notebook. I better get busy!!!