Sunday, January 14, 2007

Yay for Rice Krispies!



Here are some pics my little brother took of the ice storm.

Did you happen to see Gyllenhal on tonight's SNL...I loved the opening number!! I have to say the laser cats thing was not funny...it needed Amy Poehler! I have to share this really cool Rice Krispies valentine treat!:

Ingredients
3 tablespoons margarine or butter
1 package (10 oz, about 40) marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispies
decorating icing
powdered sugar
food coloring
Directions
1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt margarine and mashmallows on HIGH for 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute. Stir mixture until smooth.2. Add Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal, stirring until well coated. Spread cereal mixture into a 13x9x2 inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Allow to cool slighlty. Cut into hearts using a heart-shaped cookie cutter or knife. Use icing to decorate, and sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.Tip: To created different colored Kellogg's® Rice Krispies Treats® Conversation Hearts, add food coloring to melted marshmallow before adding cereal. Yield: about 12 hearts

I cannot wait to make them! Here's a pic:


Last year Harrison and I made all our friends little red, white or pink chocolate candy bars and personalized them. We only gave them to friends nearby because we delivered them and left them on their doorsteps along with a Valentine's card. I LOVE HOLIDAYS...any reason to celebrate. I know I always hated Valentine's but IMO now that I have a child every holiday is fun because you focus on the experience for your child not yourself...so you don't have to worry so much about getting flowers or making the perfect sugar cookies.